HISTORY OF LIBRARY
R. V. Parulekar Library is the library formed for Karmaveer Hire College, Gargoti. It was established in the year 1957. Previously it was known as central library. In the year 1957, this library received 700 valuable books in English and set of 150 books on national Geography worth rupees 10000/- from Asian Foundation, USA. This foundation also donated 300 English books to the library which were published in Russia.
To memories the great educationist late Shri. R. V. Parulekar, this central library is christened as R.V. Parulekar Library on 15th December, 1960. Renowned persons across India and donators from various fields have donated lots of Government publications, valuable reference books to this library. This library has over and above 50000 titles since 1957. This library is one of the oldest and rich libraries established in rural part of the district.
Shri. V. P. Save was first librarian of this library. The college library is considered as soul of the college because it is a source of knowledge. It plays vital role in teaching learning process. Our library aims to provide all the books and periodicals which the students and faculties needs. Spacious and well equipped building, adequate furniture, spacious reading hall, Stock of rare and valuable books; Journalsare the key features of the library.